Articles about Pete’s Hobby Railway, or myself, that have appeared in various newspapers or covered on TV.
Hobby and Heritage Railways
Other hobby or heritage (narrow gauge) operated railways (mainly within Australia)
- Talyllyn Railway ( UK) — In 1951 it became the world’s first preserved narrow gauge railway
- Puffing Billy (Victoria) — Australia’s Favourite narrow gauge steam train
- Lake Macquarie Light Rail (NSW) — 2ft-Gauge Preservation Railway near Toronto, NSW, Australia
- Illawarra Light Railway Museum Society — A mainline 2 ft narrow gauge light railway, along with a miniature 7 1/4-in gauge railway, plus a museum located near Albion Park Rail, near Wollongong, NSW, Australia
- Australian Narrow Gage Railway Museum Society (Qld) — Since 1971, the Society has acquired an irreplaceable collection of two-foot gauge steam, diesel and petrol locomotives and rollingstock, including a variety of line cars
- Bennett Brook Railway at Whiteman Park (WA), operated by the Western Australian Light Railway Preservation Association — Operates steam and diesel trains over 6 kilometres of 610mm gauge track through Whiteman Park’s banksia woodlands
- Wee Georgie Wood Heritage Steam Railway (Tasmania) — Wee Georgie Wood hails from a time when this small mining settlement could only be accessed by a 2ft gauge railway, this was their lifeline to the outside world
- Walhalla Goldfields Railway (Victoria) — Started in June 1904, the Moe to Walhalla railway, one of four experimental 2’6″ narrow gauge railways built by the Victorian Government, reached its destination in May 1910
- Sheffield Steam and Heritage Centre — (formally Redwater Creek Steam and Heritage Society (Tasmania)) Proudly bringing you steam train rides at the Redwater Creek Railway every month and Tasmania’s premier country festival SteamFest every March, in Sheffield, Town of Murals
- Australian Sugar Cane Trains/Navvy Pics 2ft — A closed group on Facebook that discusses Australian Sugar Cane Trains and Navvy Pics 2ft
Junee and Surrounds
Attractions and interesting sites in and around Junee, NSW.
- Junee Roundhouse Railway Museum — One of few working Railway Roundhouses in the Southern Hemisphere
- Junee Historical Museum — Dedicated to the preserving and display of the historical artefacts, photographs and documentation pertaining to the Shire of Junee and villages of the Shire
- Junee Rhythm n Rail Festival — Annual celebration of Junee’s distinctive rail heritage with local and regional musicians.
- Monte Cristo Homestead — Australia’s Most Haunted Home
- The Junee Licorice & Chocolate Factory — Produces a rapidly growing range of innovative, certified organic confectionaries
- The Railway Station Cafe — Family friendly Cafe located within the Junee Station precinct (being the former Railway Refreshment Rooms)
- Junee Model Railway Club — The club’s main goal is to “teach model railway skills to the next generation”. JMRC is also interested in building its reputation and creating scale model railways as a tourist attraction for the Junee district
- You, Me & Junee — Local tourism website
- Canola Trail — Journey through history, a tantalizing array of food and wine experiences, spectacular landscapes and some exciting and award-winning attractions on the Riverina’s Canola Trail, taking in the shires of Coolamon, Junee and Temora.
- Riverina Tourism — Discover the Riverina’s abundance of delightful food, wine and agricultural tourism experiences
The home pages of some my friends, assorted other people and organisations.
- The Railway News — Peter’s printed magazine covering Australian tourist and heritage railways and railway museums
- Train Man — David Johnson’s webpage. David assists Peter in the preparation of The Railway News
- NicholasPyers.com — The home page of Nicholas Pyers – my kind webmaster, responsible for the set-up and management of this site
- ExperiencedCruises.org — Cruising the high seas is Nicholas Pyers’ preferred mode of travel
- AppleUsers.org — Another page published by Nicholas Pyers
- Railstore Industries — Ben O’Malley offers resources for both the full size and miniature railways
- RhysHarrison.com — our Gunzel-in-Training
- K & H Ainsworth Engineering — produce a wide range of re-engineered components for railway maintenance machinery and mechanical restoration
- Australian Train and Railway Services (ATR Services) — Specialised knowledge and expertise in all areas of rail related items, especially rail related moves